This is something I’ve wanted to do for quite awhile now*, create a wall of maps representing each place I’ve lived over the course of my short almost-30 years**. There are some beautiful ones out there and I have rummaged the interwebs to find coordinating prints I love. I’m sharing them with you now, trusting you will not buy them all up before I have a chance to save for and purchase them one by one. You sneaky devils.
When O and I were talking about moving in together, I mentally added two more locations to my list so his homes wouldn’t be left out. While it was NOT easy to find that Israel print, it was absolutely worth it. It’s my favorite of the bunch, although the population density map of Boston is gorgeous and the neighborhood map of Minneapolis is so cleanly designed. Between O and I, we’ve lived in Colorado, Kansas, North Dakota, Ohio, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Israel. We’re not going to be able to fit them all on a single wall of our tiny house if we keep moving around so much.
2. Bugsy and Sprite | Fargo | 20.00
3. Vintage 1960’s El Al Airlines Advert | Tel Aviv | 10.00
4. As You Wish Printing Co. | Kansas | 16.00
5. ORK | Minneapolis | 22.00
6. Studio KMN | Boston | 35.00
7. Prettymaps | Boston | 50.00
8. Orange and Park | East Coast | 30.00
Dirtsa Studio | Chalkboard Inspired Maps | 45.00
* My sister is my inspiration here. In the front hallway of her family’s home, she has a dozen or so black & white photographs of important houses in their collective history. They range from childhood homes to the pink house my great grandparents built. It’s lovely.
** I call my years short because of this article I read yesterday. I am cultivating an attitude of youth.